Domestic Violence Lawyer in Kitsap County.
Have you been charged with a crime that includes a Domestic Violence (DV) designation in Kitsap County, Washington? Call (360) 329-6699. Call 24/7.
The first thing you need to know is that Domestic Violence is not a crime, it is a designation. It can apply to anyone that is a “Family or household member.” Nevertheless, it has significant consequences. It is important that you understand the consequences of a domestic violence conviction. The lawyers at Pimentel and Associates deal with domestic violence designation crimes in Kitsap County, Washington every day.
What is a family or household member for Domestic Violence designation purposes? A Family or household member is:
- a spouse;
- a former spouse;
- a former domestic partner;
- persons who have a child in common;
- adults related by blood or marriage (this includes in-laws);
- adult persons who reside with or have resided together in the past;
- persons 16 years of age or older who are or have resided together and have or had a dating relationship;
- past or present dating relationships where both parties are over 16 years of age;
- all parents and children whether biological or legal-step including grandparents and grandchildren.
Which misdemeanor convictions with a Domestic Violence (DV) designation will result in loss of firearms rights?
- Assault in the fourth degree;
- Violations of a protection order, no-contact order or restraining order;
- Reckless endangerment;
- Criminal trespass in the first degree;
Consequences of a Domestic Violence Designation Crime.
A domestic violence conviction can have far reaching consequences. If you have been accused of any of these crimes or any felony that includes a Domestic Violence (DV) designation, you need to contact Pimentel & Associates, the premier Kitsap County Domestic Violence attorneys immediately. A conviction to any felony or any of the misdemeanor crimes listed above results in a loss of firearms rights. A misdemeanor conviction with any DV designation can result in tougher sentences for some felony crimes. Furthermore, Domestic Violence designations can be considered by prospective employers, in housing decisions and in other aspects of life.
Why hire a Kitsap County domestic violence attorney?
At Pimentel and Associates we are versed in Domestic Violence crimes. We provide free and discreet consultations. There very few law, if any, law firms in Washington that have handled more Kitsap County Domestic Violence designation crimes. We know how Kitsap County prosecutors view domestic violence. We know how Kitsap County Judges view Domestic Violence. We know how to negotiate, investigate and fight your Kitsap County Domestic Violence charge whether that means through negotiation or trial. We are tried and proven trial lawyers. Here is our promise to you: If there is a way out, we’ll find it! Call or write for a free consultation now. Call (360) 329-6699, 24 hours a day.